Friday 23 July 2010

Post Six: Tea anyone!

8.30 on a Sunday is not often a time I see. But for the wedding, we got up and headed to the car boot sale in Worthing. For my wedding favors all the women will be getting a tea cup and saucer. Any that I can find with a gold rim and a delicate English flower or with a tad of charm I have brought. None over 1 pound each and each one different, original and lovely. I have decided to give these along with a ribbon tied tag with the date of our wedding. Something different I thought and something that will add an additional creative spark.



Whilst at the car boot sale, I came across a cake stand. A 3 tied metal cake stand that a bride had used only once before for her wedding. I brought it for 4 pounds and was so happy with my bargain. On the way home I popped into the local craft shop and picked up some ribbon and flowers and decorated the stand. It looks great!! I have ordered some books from the library on baking cakes and am going to attempt to make my own! It can't be that hard!

No comments: