Friday 23 July 2010

Post 5: Setting up the site and sending out the invites

I have been busy searching for Bridesmaid dresses, flower girl dressesa and have finally found my wedding dress. The dress is perfect; simple, sexy and sophisticated. It's on another level to your usual princess wedding dress and add a touch of elegance to the day. I cannot reveal how much the dress was until after the wedding as you will be shocked at the price, lets just say it fits very well into the budget.

So now I have the dress arranged, I have found this wonderful free site to set up all of the wedding plans and send out all of the information required for the guests. The site is perfect, it has everything you need to arrange the big day.


Just have to get around to making the invites now and am thinking of using an apple mac to set them up. You can do this for around 5p a invite so works out really well on the price front. Or using a website www.fromoldbooks.co.uk to find images from story books when we were young to use as decoration to some amazing text I found.

The text goes something like this:


Together with our families, We,

Terry                 Jennifer
                                                                                          John        &        Claire
                                                                                        Constant               Edmonds

Request the honour of your company at the celebration of our marriage

Saturday the Twenty-Fifth of June, Two Thousand and Eleven
at Twelve Noon

Please visit our website, xxxxxxxx@xxxxx
to find out the ceremony and reception details, RSVP, where to stay and our gift list.

Please RSVP on our website using ********  as the password


I thought this was a very classic text and scroll and really goes along with my old English theme. I am currently looking into growing my own flowers now too, just have to choose which ones...Im thinking asters or maybe even roses. I began with Lillies but I think they are a little over used now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

take it from me boo roses are really hard to grow nicely - and they take about a year to bloom and if i come 2 weeks before your wedding i can help you make the wedding cake !!!!!!!!!! i can buy some stuff for it here and then we can bake it together im always making my own birthday cakes and stuff anyway just a thought.......
sar xoxoxox