Monday 31 January 2011

A 'thinky' day after watching the destruction of the Oil Sands in Canada!

I was looking for a new bike. I came accross the Bristol bike project and found a website that made me think: http://biketales.wordpress.com/about/

For some reason after watching a programme on the destruction of the oil sands to the canadian forests last night and being in the 'whats life all about mood', I felt the urge to email them and for my future records here is what I wrote.



Hi Jen and Jet

I just read your blog, I got the site from the Bristol Bike Shop. http://biketales.wordpress.com/about/

What a trip you have had, you are my inspiration!

Myself and my partner have travelled a lot in the last few years. After 3 years of being on the road we have arrived back to England with a bang. We now live in Bristol . When you look around and see nothing but concrete and council tax, the world feels so small. Claustrophobic.

The vibrancy of India is electric. Colours, noises, horns, cows and the people. Even the poorest are kind and dress amazingly well.

When you travel I believe you find the reasons for life, why we were on this earth. The beauty of the earth is slowing dying and we must appreciate what it has to offer before it is too late. So little of us, reach out and grab the beauty and discovery.

I am not sure why I am sending you this email, maybe just to convince myself of the path I really want to be on. The path of exploration and non conformity. Maybe this email was just a justification of the urge I feel to get back out there and get my reality back. My brain constantly stuggles with this concept. 

I sit at my desk, stare at a computer, email the person next to me, return home to a concrete box (although my flat is lovely, its a metaphor hehe), and repeat the process 5 days a week. I worked for a marine conservation charity so I work hard to change the minds of people who slaughter our apex predators. But still this doesn’t seem to be enough. Why I think, maybe the world has already made its decision and who am I to attempt to change it. Its already on a destructive path.

After an email of self discovering lol, I would like to send you one piece of travel advice. Cycle to Hampi, west of Goa . I do not even need to describe it, when you arrive you will know.

A fellow searcher, Jennifer





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow boot you write beautifully - that was something like out of a novel - wonder if they write back to you,
dosent seem your be satified until youve found somewhere to live that keep giving back to you- somewhere with adventure and things to check out, interested to see what becomes of you and where you will settle!
love you sar x