Thursday 30 September 2010

The adventurous spirit never dies

We cannot move abroad, nor can we stay put. The only way we can keep our adventurous spirit happy is to move towns. The thrill of risk, not knowing where we will live, who we will meet, what jobs we will get, or even if we will get jobs, is something so necessary in our life’s.

Terry and I certainly are not your average couple. I think sometimes this is quite unfortunate. Sometimes I wish we could be happy with what we have in front of us, grateful for jobs and a roof over our heads, but we are always, constantly wanting more. The need for a fresh start drives our path. However this is not necessarily a good thing.

So the next adventure on the Jen and Terry Show is Bristol. We are moving to a new town, close to Wales, Cornwall and Devon, it’s a large town, deemed the new, less hectic London. We are staying put for 3 years so that Terry can re-train as an electrician. Once we are qualified in a trade we can apply for our New Zealand Visas and move our life’s back to paradise.

Wedding plans are moving along slowly now. We have found a great video-grapher who is happy to shoot our wedding and edit the film for £150, a shy amount from the usual £1000 some jokers get away with.  I also had a major bridesmaid dress crisis. I spontaneously brought 2 dresses, the same dress but different colours. They were a bargain from a lovely shop called Coast. Reduced from £95 to £45 and with a beautiful flow and elegance about them. However, once my gorgeous bridesmaids tried them on, I didn’t like them. Well, actually that’s wrong, I loved them but maybe for a nightout or a dinner date, not the vintage, elegant, English rose look I was looking for.

I’ve found a new style I love, a very vintage mint green with a bow on the back. Maybe if my sewing skills improve I can attempt to make them myself…watch this space!

I have been searching the internet, whilst ‘working’, and have found some amazing creative ‘vintage’ ideas.


Ive decided to go DIY with the garden of my reception..making all sorts from floral bunting to pompoms, to making a kissing tree sign (for all those romantic lovers out there) and a washing line of photographs! I even found out the best ways to make your own bouquets...




 I was thinking we could use a few of our travelling photographs to go along with the photos I have asked all of our guests to bring. A very personalised, visual aspect to the day.


 



These pompoms just made out of fabric will look fab around the chairs of the reception..

I was even thinking of having a table with numerous jars of penny sweets and having 'mix ups'..I grew up getting excited about penny chews and feel this is a typical English past time. More ideas to come!







1 comment:

GroovyMoments said...

LOVE all your ideas!!