Wednesday 23 June 2010

The wedding bells are ringing..ding ding ding

So it begins...after 3 years of being engaged and nearly 7 years of being together, we are finally planning the big day. Of course, as expected with Terry and I, the day won't be your usual fancy car and lavish dining, it will be personal to us, an adventure of its own kind and a fun affair.

We are been busy searching for a venue for the reception and only after seeing 1 other venue, we have choosen Damerham Village Hall. Damerham is 5 minutes from Fordingbridge, where I spent a lot of my childhood with my Nan and Grandad. Trips to Damerham were on the agenda alot and we would play on the farm or play area opposite the hall. My sister Sarah once got her leg trapped in the climbing frame, something of a funny memory..i must find out that video tape...

Terry and I have had a wonderful 7 years together, experiencing the ups and downs of University, studying hard and playing hard. We then saved our butts off to travel the world and was lucky enough to spend 35 days touring Southern Africa; Botswana, Zambia, Namibia and South Africa. We then flew and experienced Malaysia, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos and Thailand and months on end island and country hopping, sunning ourselves with friends and monkeys!

Our favourite stop was our time in India, climbing mountains, getting attacked by leeches and being invited into very poor homes and being treated like royalty. Our next stop was China where we got very skinning and ended up missing the Chengdu earthquake by days.

After an amazing, lifechanging year in New Zealand, we spent time in backpacking through Eduador, Peru, Bolivia and Argentina. Only to be parted by a stupid high altitude, yet to be explained seizure. Terry carried on, his backpack and minimal spanish in tow and travel patagonia and Brazil. I inpatiently waited at home to be reunited with my baby.

We recently just got back from a trip accross Canada and a trip of a lifetime to Iceland, having a fake wedding ceremony under the spewing volcano.

We live, breathe and experience everyday together. We can't sleep at night without cuddling throughout the whole night, there's not a conversation that goes by without saying i love you and not a thought that goes by without thinking of the other. After 7 years Terry still loves to tell me what his favourite thing about me is (and I have to guess, even though each time is changes) and kiss the most uninteresting crevasses of my body, i.e my eyelids. I can also quit easily trade him with making dinner for 10 kisses.

We love to be together and still miss each other when we are apart. We have travelled together for so long and came out laughing and giggling at the fun we had. Every memory sacred and long lasting.

The next phase is our marriage, after being proposed to on a thai beach with a wooden ring that a thai guy carved for Terry, it's about time we did the ceremony and became Terry and Jennifer Constant.

I'm going to blog it!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jen this is amazing, it don't sound like ur life it sounds like I have just read a novel.
What an amazing story to tell your children and grandchildren!

I went to school with you so you do know who I am, but would prefer to remain anonymous. I just want to take this chance to tell an old friend that I never doubted you would make something of your self and would like to wish you all the luck and happiness for your fourth coming wedding. x x x x x x x x