Monday 28 June 2010

Post Four: The Saga of the Perfect Dress

So yesterday, we went to the ‘wedding dress Sale’ at Berketex Brides in Portsmouth. I wish now I hadn’t gone. I tried on around 6 dresses, each one a different style and mix, but my style in any way. Until, I tried on THE dress, without looking at the price tag and it fit me like a glove. A flow of white material, netting feature at the base and a lovely simple crossed design over the boddess. It was a glamorous white. It looked amazing (if I do say so myself!) and I was so happy with it…until I looked at the price tag. Reduced for £1200 to £699, a bargain in a normal budget, but with our slim line budget it was a huge chuck. I am struggling with the fact that £699 would pay for a huge range of other exciting things, from a holiday for a week for 2, to saving hundreds of lives in Sub-Saharan Africa or even just help us on our way to honeymoon heaven. Oh, but when a girl falls in love, she can’t stop daydreaming about walking down the aisle in such a beautiful dress and feeling like a princess for one day in her whole life…

So the search begins to find a dress within budget. Oh, this won’t be easy as I have one to compare every dress to now! Obviously the cheapest thing to do is buy a second hand dress and get a tailor to adapt it to your requirements, however as much as I wanted to do this in the first place, I’ve changed my mind now. It’s all about the perfect dress for your big day…

I have just booked appointments with wedding dress shops that currently have sales and also, the Oxfam wedding dress shop with dresses ranging from £100 to £500. Let’s see how that goes.

No comments: